You will find various kinds of racing and may be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally at some point and then leave the place at regular intervals to reach a specific point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand to be able to have an improved notion of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to find the best possible way to reach the destination. World Rally Championship is the most popular championship in this kind of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: This is one of the very famous motor sports and involves plenty of specially designed high-speed cars. They are Racing cars open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in the leading and along with rear to truly have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is really a World Championship that’s now recognized to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the highest amount of motor sport and every car racer really wants to be involved in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This sort of racing takes place in snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes place in high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for an improved adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This sort of race involves highly modified production cars and it’s comparatively slower compared to the sports car racing or the single-seater racing. The most used championship is the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This sort of car racing resembles Touring car racing and can be an American version of the same. The automobile racing series popular in this kind of racing is the NASCAR. This is generally conducted on ovals and the cars used in racing are just like production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a specific distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the product range of cars participating in this race may be everyday car to high class racing cars. It depends on which type of car is being useful for drag racing as a street racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and the exact same distance may be covered by a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Low rider racing takes place in a closed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions compete with each other. This race is very for long distances like 1000km and that’s why this race involves multiple driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells it all, the racing of some modified cars takes place off road i.e. away from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This sort of race involves racing to find the best time completion. The cars have to climb the extremely steep hills and the automobile with the most effective completion time is the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks are quite small and the karts used in the race are quite different from the normal cars that operate on roads.